Today's movie is The Damned United
5/5
This film impressed me on so many levels. Definitely the best British film I've seen this year. The film alternates between his downfall at Leeds and his rising at Darby. It gives an interesting take seeing a man who is fueled by obsession rise against the odds but only for it to ruin him. The acting in this movie is very good with Michael Sheen putting on the best performance and definitely one of the best I've seen this year. Jim Broadbent and Timothy Spall also give great ones as well. Another thing I really really enjoyed about this movie is the cinematography, some of the shots were just really stellar.
I highly recommend this movie, I'm not even a big soccer fan and admit to know very little about the sport. One of the best films this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment