It seems that very few people in this world understand social etiquette. This past week, I went to see a movie with my friend Peter. Peter had sat one seat in from the aisle because he didn't want to sit in the aisle seat and what a mistake that became. After about 40 minutes of pure laughter, an old woman sits next to my friend Peter (in the aisle seat). It wouldn't have been such a big deal but the theater had open seats all over the place. The row behind us had two girls at the end of the aisle, she could have easily sat on the end without being by anybody. Pretty much any seat but ours would have been a better choice.
After a few minutes of seeming uncomfortable, the old woman says to Peter one word "sorry". Both Peter and I really did not know how to react in this situation. This entire time, Peter just seems quite uncomfortable. I finally get up and move to the end of the row and Peter joins me. Throughout this entire thing, these girls behind us are laughing hysterically because they realize just how awkward this is.
Seriously? Who does this?
I know this lady is old but whatever.

No comments:
Post a Comment