Remember Me starring Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin
Rating: 2/5
Rated: PG-13 for violence, sexual content, language and smoking.
Ha, ok make fun of me. I saw Remember Me this past week. I was hoping to get a few laughs at some awful acting and an overall bad film. Well, I did get a few laughs but Remember Me turned out to be not so bad. I found myself actually caring for the characters in the film.
Yeah, the movie there's definitely a lot of weak points but they were largely forgivable. Robert Pattinson stars as your teenage angst character, Tyler Hawkins, who is angry at the world after the death of his older brothers. Hawkins ends up getting in a street fight and is put in jail by a NYC cop, Neil Craig, played by the wonderful actor Chris Cooper. Luckily for Tyler his dad is really rich and bails him out of jail. Unfortunately, his dad is kind of a jerk. His father, Charles Hawkins, is obsessed with work and forgets his family because of it.
Boo-freaking-hoo!
Well Tyler sees the cop drop his daughter at the same college he attends and decides to hook up with her. Then well of course the relationship develops from there.
The film is well-acted at certain parts and even well shot too, featuring some fantastic shots of NYC. Some parts aren't the greatest and have some not so good dialogue, but for the most part the actors are able to hold their own (particularly Chris Cooper and Pierce Brosnan). Brosnan actually gets out of his shell in this movie in one particular scene and does a good job.
Ok, so why do I hate this movie? The ending of this film is such bad taste it's unbelievable. I haven't been offended by a film like this in some time. It uses a cheap plot device and basically takes a crap on the whole movie. It's so awful that one is left sitting in their seat hoping for Steve Coogan to jump on screen and be like just kidding!!!

"HA GOT YOU, JUST KIDDING!"

2 comments:
Steve Coogan would have been an improvement...
Agreed, totally lame ending. You can debate whether the surprise ending is offensive, shameful, etc. What you can't debate is that it's lazy and a copout, pure and simple. Deus ex Machina in reverse.
Post a Comment