It's not just limited to people's choice in entertainment either. A lot of people have just plain lost the ability to have an opinion which is the part of this that bothers me the most. They say they simply don't care or that it's a waste of time. Is it though? I suppose the time I spent writing movie reviews might seem like a waste of time to many but I myself find joy in it.
I was recently criticized for my choice in music by somebody because it's not upbeat enough. Apparently Daft Punk isn't upbeat enough? Yeah that's pretty much how I responded when I was told that. This same person also told me Nicolas Cage is a bad actor. Really? Do you think that? Or is just something you like saying?
I think it's just a common thing for people to attack people like Nicolas Cage because other people think he's a bad actor. It's not because they think it but simply because others do. Nicolas Cage is not a bad actor by any means. If you're going to make an accusation, please be educated. He did win an Academy Award for Best Actor, usually good actors win those. Just throwing that out there.
Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas
People are just so overly confident in themselves, which I will admit that I act like I am. In reality though, I'm merely trying to be a satire of that and acting it in real life. Most people who understand me though know when I'm being serious and when I'm not.
America has become a society where one doesn't need an opinion or talent. It's kind of sad.


No comments:
Post a Comment